aRTS Rutherglen is a volunteer group founded upon a shared desire to foster the creation, presentation and enjoyment of the arts of our area. From a community meeting in 2005 we were officially incorporated in March 2006 and affiliated with Regional Arts Victoria.
All members are invited to all meetings, which are held on the third Thursday of every month.
We prepare a calendar of events but welcome ideas and initiatives for further activities from all of our members.
Our established on-going programs and initiatives are:
- An annual scholarship to a Rutherglen High School student pursuing further study in the arts.
- A brunch celebration for “International Women’s Day” with Guest Speakers.
- Presenting a series of six fine foreign films
- Selecting a performance for our “August Voices”
- Inviting an author to share their perspective at a literary function.
- Sculpture competition
- Commissioning permanent sculptures for the Rutherglen landscape.
- Celebrating local music talent in a Cabaret style at a local venue.
Within the above framework, we seek to offer a variety of experiences so that each year is familiar but different from previous year’s programs.
Current Office Bearers
Media: Helen Mackinlay.
Membership Secretary: Leonie Featonby
Equipment Co-ordinator: Pam Maden – email – 02 6032 9727
Our meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of every month at 5.45pm, in the Lions Club Rutherglen Club rooms. Any member is welcome to come along, membership is just $40.00
Rutherglen Memorial Hall
Rutherglen Memorial Hall Sound & Lighting Technician: Brendan Smith – 0417 327 030
For those wanting to hire the Rutherglen Memorial Hall, it is equipped with theatrical lighting and sound facilities maintained and operated by Brendon Smith for aRTS Rutherglen. Hirers of the Rutherglen Memorial Hall may use these facilities by separate arrangement with aRTS Rutherglen. Please click and download the below form and return to aRTs Rutherglen either by post or email provided.
We’d love to hear your comments & suggestions, Contact Us & let us know what you think!