Arts Rutherglen is a volunteer group founded upon a shared desire to foster the creation, presentation and enjoyment of the arts of our area. From a community meeting in 2005 we were officially incorporated in March 2006 and affiliated with Regional Arts Victoria.
All members are invited to all meetings, which are held on the third Thursday of every month.
We prepare a calendar of events but welcome ideas and initiatives for further activities from all of our members.
Our established on-going programs and initiatives are:
- Annual scholarships to school students to help them continue their art studies
- The annual Rutherglen Tastes of Art Prize exhibition.
- A brunch celebration for International Women’s Day with Guest Speakers
- A Fine Films Season presenting a series of six films
- regular Music Events
- Inviting authors to share their perspectives at Literary Events
- Portals Into Rutherglen ~ an exciting and innovative project using street art to brighten up the doors and windows of Rutherglen’s historic Main St businesses and share stories/histories about Rutherglen.
- The Rutherglen Sculpture Trail
Within the above framework, we seek to offer a variety of experiences so that each year is familiar but different from previous year’s programs.
Current Office Bearers
President: Beth Rankin
Treasurer: Irena Webster
Assistant Treasurer: Deidre Kelly
Secretary: Christine Scott
Membership: Leonie Featonby
Media Promotion: Scott Landells
MeetingsOur meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of every month at 5.45pm, in the Lions Club Rutherglen Club rooms. Any member is welcome to come along, membership is just $40.00
Why Join Arts Rutherglen?
- Free entry to all Fine Film Nights.
- Discounts on events/shows.
- Regular updates on coming events, program additions or changes.
- Supporting arts in your community
Membership Cost: Only $40 per year!
Your membership allows us to continue doing what we do best by covering the likes of public liability, volunteer insurance and RAV membership. You also support up and coming events.
Membership Enquiries: Leonie Featonby
How To Join
You can fill out the online form below, or download the pdf form to fill out and return via post.
The membership fee of $40 can be paid via EFT to:
BSB: 083 820
A/C No: 79578 6712
Please include your name as reference.