Arts Rutherglen is a volunteer group founded upon a shared desire to foster the creation, presentation and enjoyment of the arts of our area. From a community meeting in 2005 we were officially incorporated in March 2006 and affiliated with Regional Arts Victoria.
All members are invited to all meetings, which are held on the third Thursday of every month.
We prepare a calendar of events but welcome ideas and initiatives for further activities from all of our members.
Our established on-going programs and initiatives are:
- Annual scholarships to school students to help them continue their art studies
- An annual Tastes of Art Art Show
- A brunch celebration for “International Women’s Day” with Guest Speakers
- Presenting a series of six fine films
- Selecting a performance for our “August Voices”
- Inviting an author to share their perspective at a literary function
- Celebrating local music talent in a Cabaret style at a local venue
- Portals of Rutherglen ~ an exciting and innovative project using street art to brighten up the doors and windows of Rutherglen’s historic Main St businesses and share stories/histories about Rutherglen.
Within the above framework, we seek to offer a variety of experiences so that each year is familiar but different from previous year’s programs.
Current Office Bearers
Membership: Leonie Featonby
Our meetings are held the 3rd Thursday of every month at 5.45pm, in the Lions Club Rutherglen Club rooms. Any member is welcome to come along, membership is just $40.00
We’d love to hear your comments & suggestions, Contact Us & let us know what you think!